Tuesday, October 05, 2004

VP Debate: Who Won?

Just got finished watching the VP debate tonight ... who won?

Spin aside, I think Edwards had the more substantive approach but Cheney had the clear edge in personality. Debating Cheney is kind of like getting into an argument with your dad ... no matter how right you are, your dad is still your dad. Cheney has a very patriarchal air that I don't think Edwards was able to overcome. So, all in all, I'd call it a draw. I personally feel like Edwards had Cheney over a barrel during most of the evening, but I know the conservative base in this country cares very little for facts and figures ... if they did, they would know that the terrorism situation in the world is far worse today than it was pre-9/11 and that the economy is being screened with smoke and mirrors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home